Tools for Listening - A Safe Church Resource
Tools for Listening is a practical guide to engaging children and young people in your community on decisions that affect them.
This resource has been developed by the Uniting Church in Australia to enable the implementation of:
· Principle 2 from the National Principles for Child Safe Organisations: “Children and young people are informed about their rights, participate in decisions affecting them and are taken seriously”.
· Recommendations of the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse:
o That children and young people are involved in the strategic development, design, implementation and evaluation of initiatives
o That children participate in decisions affecting them and are taken seriously
o That families and communities are informed and involved
Tools for Listening will assist you in the process of consulting, involving and collaborating with children, young people and adults on programs and activities in any Uniting Church entity.
You can use Tools for Listening when planning or reviewing your programs and activities to:
· Consult with community members, families and children when planning a new program or activity
· Include and consider feedback when reviewing a program or activity
· Inform people new to your program or activity about codes of conduct and the feedback process
The Synod office has A3 size printed posters available. To Obtain a poster, please email:
Download this free resource for use by your church or faith community.